PHOENIX TIMBER is committed to an operating philosophy based on openness in communication, integrity in serving our customers, fairness and concern for our employees and responsibility to the communities within which we operate. Our vision is to exceed customer expectations for quality, safety, sustainability, cost, delivery and value. Additionally, we are dedicated to creating a profitable business culture that is based on the following principles:
OUR PEOPLE PHOENIX TIMBER is committed to equality in employment opportunity and rewards, embracing wholeheartedly the cultural diversity within the communities we call home. Our employees’ welfare and interests are foremost throughout all aspects of our business and how we conduct our affairs. PHOENIX TIMBER is committed to:
1. Creating and nurturing an environment of success based on honesty and integrity;
2. Equitable sharing in the success of the company;
3. Empowerment through training and communication;
4. Individual growth and equal opportunity;
5. Prevention of accidents and incidents;
6. Designing and providing a safe and secure work environment.
PHOENIX TIMBER is also committed to provide a conducive working environment that is characterized by equality and mutual respect. The company will not tolerate the use of child or forced labour, nor exploitation of children in any of its operations and facilities.
1. The company shall not support or adopt any employment using forced labor, bonded labour/ debt bondage or human trafficking.
2. The company shall take all appropriate measures to prevent the use of forced labour, bonded labour/ debt bondage or human trafficking in its operations or its business, and through its dealings with third parties such as labour suppliers or recruitment agents.
3. The company shall assign specific staff with responsibility to oversee this policy and its implementation.
4. The company is committed to adhere to all local and national laws and to adopt best practices in accordance with international labour standards to safeguard workers against forced labour, bonded labour/ debt bondage or human trafficking; and
5. The company will assist any worker uncovered to be a victim of forced labour, bonded labour/ debt bondage or human trafficking with referrals to existing support systems.
OUR CUSTOMERS Customer needs are paramount and represent the highest priority within our business. Our obligation is to proactively seek out and define customer needs while addressing all requests expeditiously without creating false expectations.
OUR COMMUNITY& ENVIRONMENT PHOENIX TIMBER is committed to supporting the communities within which we operate. We believe in the practice of social responsibility and encourage similar behavior in our employees and suppliers.
We support the conservation of the physical environment and the prevention of pollution at our facilities and as such, our environmental commitments include:
1. Protection of the environment;
2. Conformity to compliance obligations;
3. Continual improvement;
4. Prevention of pollution and sustainable use of resources;
5. Climate change mitigation and adaptation;
6. Protection of biodiversity and ecosystems;
7. Other specific commitment(s) relevant to our context.
OUR WELL BEING We proactively comply with all applicable health and safety, legal and regulatory requirements to which we subscribe in order to:
1. Prevent accidents and work-related ill health by managing health and safety risks in the workplace;
2. Provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employee competence;
3. Engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions;
4. Implement emergency procedures in case of fire or other significant incident;
5. Maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances.